Sunday, June 10, 2012

Young Justice: Invasion Episode 7- "Depths" Review (SPOILERS)

This is by FAR the best episode of "Invasion". Salvage, Alienated, and Bloodlines all knocked it out of the park, but this episode kept me on the edge of seat.

I'll admit, I was worried that Artemis was gonna die. There was hints throughout the episode that Artemis was going to kick the bucket. But when Aqualad straight up stabbed Artemis, I was sold. I knew Artemis was dead and Kaldur was a full blown psychopath. I was pretty much sure he was no double agent. All the reactions from the Team were pretty heartbreaking.

And it turns out.......

Artemis was never dead, it was all a ruse orchestrated by Nightwing and the Team's mole, Aqualad was not evil at all. Now THAT's how you make a plot twist. Greg truly threw us for a curveball.

I'm pretty glad Kaldur isn't evil. I felt that the most mature team member from season 1 going evil is pretty stupid.

This was the perfect episode to leave us on with the upcoming hiatus. It sucks that "Invasion" will not return till September. I'm pretty curious how Artemis' death will affect the Team in the upcoming episodes, and with Mgann mindwiping villains....makes you wonder if Kaldur is M'Gann's next mindrape victim.......

3 comments:

  1. September? Crap ATLEAST south park starts up then also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno, I kinda thought the twist ending was cheap. Artemis' death was a genuine punch to the gut (no pun intended) and seemed uncharacteristically bold for the show.

    For my money, it doesn't get any better than "Bloodlines." That's an episode that holds up against even Justice League. This show can occasionally frustrate me, but when it's on, it's way on. Can't wait 'til September. I'm assuming GL will return then, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed by your mindrape prediction.

    ReplyDelete