Saturday, June 2, 2012

Young Justice: Invasion Episode 5 "Beneath" and Episode 6 "Bloodlines" Review

I felt Beneath was a good episode, but it wasn't t as jaw dropping as the last two episodes of Invasion. I liked the A plot, with Cassie, M'Gann, Bumblebee, and Batgirl. Cassie is a very fun character, I like her a lot. Miss Martian didn't mindrape in this episode. (surprise!) Bumblebee wasn't that interesting, but Batgirl was kinda cool. We still haven't got to know Bumblebbe or Batgirl that well, but hopefully we will soon. The B plot with Jaime was okay. We got to see the YJ version of Apache Chief, and also some themes of child abuse. Which was interesting.

But oh man, that ending the Light is kidnapping teens to give to their partner (The Reach). Maybe to attach scarabs to them? One of the teens strangely looked like Static Shock..so maybe they're planning to turn them into superhuman weapons.

I thought Bloodlines was a great episode. This episode introduced a new team member (I think?), Impulse. I thought he was a fun character, but e actually comes from the future, because Barry dosen't have any kids yet. Also this episode introduced a new villian, Neutron. Who was the subject of a test of superhuman genes by an alien race. Probably the Reach, but there is still a possibility that it's a different alien race. But Boy oh boy we had a good twist ending, app wrangle in Impulse's timeline, The Flash was killed by Neutron, and world was destructed by an unknown force. Who destroyed it? The Reach? The Light? Or was it *gasp* Darkseid? I can't wait to find out.

6 comments:

  1. Have you seen Avengers Earths Mightiest heroes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the first 14 episodes of season 1, I enjoyed them a lot.

      Delete
  2. Cool, You should really check out season 2 it has so many awesome cameos skull invasion and even a GOOD iron fist.
    Too bad they won't renew it for season 3.
    They are making a new one called Avengers Assemble

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will watch season 2 evantually, from what people are saying, it sounds just as good season 1. I will probably review Avengers EMH once I finish the rest of season 1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just realized this, If Bart came back from the future couldnt Booster Gold come back too?
    That would be interesting.
    Though I'm still unsure of Ted Korda continuity

    ReplyDelete