Saturday, April 28, 2012

Young Justice: Invasion Ep. 1- "Happy New Year" Review: WTF!!!

All start out by saying, WHAT. THE. HELL.

I'm sorry, but this was a really meh episode.

It turns out that we had the inevitable timeskip, not just one year later, but a whopping 5 years later...

What mainly really pissed me off about this episode, was that we have have a new team, filled with newbies besides Superboy and M'Gann, WHO WERE THE MOST DEVELOPED CHATACTERS IN SEASON 1! Dock as Nightwing appeared, which was cool though, but I don't if he is a den mother or a full fledged member of this new "team". Also, there is a new Robin, who is not Jason, but Tim Drake, which I liked as Tim dosen't get enough love in DC Animation. As for The new members, There is Mal Duncan and Bumblebee, who practically did nothing, Batgirl and Lagoon Boy, Batgirl really didn't too much. As for Lagoon Boy, I will say that the Supermartian ship has sunk, Lagoon Boy is now dating Mgann, which I didn't see coming. I guess that leaves Conner open for Cassie...:)

I particularly liked Blue Beetle and Beast Boy, and the way they played off each other. Wonder Girl was great.

Lobo, was only in the episode for like 3 minutes, which was Dissapointing. The invaders turn out to be...Kroloteans. I'm a hardcore DC Comics fan, to be honest I never heard of them.

And another reason I have a problem with this episode, where the hell are Kaldur, Artemis, and Wally!! I greatly dissapoints me that they go the short end of the stick. Hopefully they will appear later on, and confident that they will..

Zatanna and Rocket also graduated into the League...interesting.

I'm gonna miss the old team greatly, but this episode wasn't all that great, I have faith in Weisman and Vietti...hopefully they will prove me wrong..

Now excuse me while I rewatch season 1 and cry myself to sleep.

3/5


3 comments:

  1. Understand what you are saying but perhaps the writers have done this on purpose to build up anticipation to find out what happened in the intervening years. I mean no offense, but don't you think it's a bit early to complain that they haven't explained what happened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Aqualad in the platform in the end of the episode
    As for Wally I assume he could become the new flash considering by now he is 21

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right Darkesid, as I do have a lot of faith in Greg and Brandon.

    ReplyDelete